Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Look Back: The Acting Categories

I correctly predicted 4 nominees (80%) in both the lead and supporting actress races, but only 3 nominees (60%) in the male categories. Interestingly, most of the ladies also showed up quite early in my predictions (although not always in the right order), while I seemed to be slower to catch on to which men were getting the buzz. While several of the eventual snubs were true surprises to me, I do admit that I held on too long to the hopes of Leonardo DiCaprio and Armie Hammer in J. Edgar (a film that I loved, even if others didn’t).

Additionally, the male categories also had two places where I had predicted the eventual nominees, but took them out as time progressed. The first was Gary Oldman, who I had been predicting since April, but who I dropped to sixth place in December when he didn’t get any precursor nominations. (See the yellow line on the first graph). The second was Max von Sydow in the supporting category, who I put into the top 5 in October, and then dropped in February, for pretty much the same reason.


What I predicted correctly, and when I came Close.





As always, check the Tracker Pages in the upper right hand corner of this blog for the most updated predictions in all categories!
For even more information on how I am doing in each race, and eventually an analysis of each individual race, be sure to check out my Track Record Page.
See Lead Actress , Lead Actor, Supporting Actor and Supporting Actress predictions.
See predictions for other categories at the 84th Oscars HERE.
Switch to another year: 84th,  85th,  86th,  87th,  88th,  89th  

No comments:

Post a Comment