Some quick updates tonight to the Animated Feature race. (I hope to have some more updates in other categories later this weekend.) Despite the Golden Globe win, I’m now thinking that Tintin might lose out to Rango. New in the top five are Kung Fu Panda 2 and Puss In Boots, both of which picked up multiple Annie nominations. Foreign language films have been fairly successful with this category in the past, so I am holding on to my prediction of Chico & Rita. Here are today’s rankings for the 84th Animated Feature race, with previous ranking shown in parenthesis after each entry.
1. Gore Verbinski for Rango (Predicted Winner) (previous rank 2)
2. Steven Spielberg for The Adventures Of Tintin: The Secret Of The Unicorn (previous rank 1)
3. Jennifer Yuh for Kung Fu Panda 2: The Kaboom Of Doom (previous rank 6)
4. Chris Miller for Puss In Boots (previous rank 8)
5. Tono Errando, Javier Mariscal and Fernando Trueba for Chico & Rita (previous rank 4)
6. Sarah Smith for Arthur Christmas (previous rank 3)
7. John Lasseter and Brad Lewis for Cars 2 (previous rank 11)
8. Ignacio Ferreras for Wrinkles (Arrugas) (previous rank 7)
9. Carlos Saldanha for Rio (previous rank 9)
10. Stephen J. Anderson and Don Hall for Winnie The Pooh (previous rank 5)
11. Jean-Loup Felicioli and Alain Gagnol for A Cat In Paris (Une Vie De Chat) (previous rank 10)
12. George Miller for Happy Feet 2 (previous rank 13)
13. Tomas Lunak for Alois Nebel (previous rank 12)
14. Kelly Asbury for Gnomeo And Juliet (previous rank 14)
15. Simon Wells for Mars Needs Moms (previous rank 15)
16. Mike Mitchell for Alvin And The Chipmunks 3: Chip-Wrecked (previous rank 16)
17. Mike Disa for Hoodwinked Too! Hood Vs. Evil (previous rank 18)
As always, check the Tracker Pages in the upper right hand corner of this blog for the most updated predictions in all categories!
See Animated Feature predictions for other years HERE.
If you’re really into animation, check out the Animated Shorts also.
See predictions for other categories at the 84th Oscars HERE.
Switch to another year: 84th, 85th, 86th, 87th, 88th, 89th