I correctly predicted 4 out of 5 of these ladies (80%), with all five landing in my previous top 7. After her SAG win, I believe that Viola Davis has this locked up, but there is always a chance that Meryl Streep or (less likely) Michelle Williams could surprise.
1. Viola Davis in The Help (Predicted Winner) (previous rank 1)
2. Meryl Streep in The Iron Lady (previous rank 2)
3. Michelle Williams in My Week With Marilyn (previous rank 3)
4. Glenn Close in Albert Nobbs (previous rank 4)
5. Rooney Mara in The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (previous rank 7)
For an excellent article on the nominees, as well as the many fine performances that were snubbed, see Candice’s analysis.
As always, check the Tracker Pages in the upper right hand corner of this blog for the most updated predictions in all categories!
See how I did with the other categories on my Track Record Page.
See Lead Actress predictions for other years HERE.
Or check out the Lead Actor, Supporting Actor and Supporting Actress predictions.
See predictions for other categories at the 84th Oscars HERE.
Switch to another year: 84th, 85th, 86th, 87th, 88th, 89th