I correctly predicted all 5 of these nominees (100%). I’m rearranging them somewhat to reflect War Horse’s poor showing with many of the guilds, although it won the Critic’s Choice in this category, and has many outdoor scenes that may fit with people’s preconceived notions of what cinematography should be. Most importantly, I’m still holding out hope for Emmanuel Lubezki to win.
1. Emmanuel Lubezki for The Tree Of Life (Predicted Winner) (previous rank 1)
4. Guillaume Schiffman for The Artist (previous rank 4)
3. Robert Richardson for Hugo (previous rank 3)
2. Janusz Kaminski for War Horse (previous rank 2)
5. Jeff Cronenweth for The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (previous rank 5)
For a more detailed look at this race, check out Ryan’s analysis.
As always, check the Tracker Pages in the upper right hand corner of this blog for the most updated predictions in all categories!
To see how I am doing in each race, check out my Track Record Page.
See Cinematography predictions for other years HERE.
If you’re into cinematography, you might also like Film Editing and Visual Effects.
See predictions for other categories at the 84th Oscars HERE.
Switch to another year: 84th, 85th, 86th, 87th, 88th, 89th
Read My Recent Reviews. Or Read Archived Reviews. Connect With Me On: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Email, The LAMB
See My Oscar Predictions By Year: 84th, 85th, 86th, 87th, 88th, 89th Or Search By Category Using The Tracker Pages.