Monday, January 30, 2012

84th Oscar Sound Editing Updates (1/30/12)

I correctly predicted 3 out of 5 of the eventual nominees (60%), but my previously predicted winner (Super 8) didn’t even make the list.

I’m rearranging my predictions in this category for two big reasons: First, I don’t see Transformers actually winning this award, so while it logically might have moved into the open number one spot left by Super 8, I’m instead moving War Horse into that spot, given its best picture nomination. (I think Hugo will be rewarded elsewhere.) The second change is that this category represents the only nomination for Drive, and so I am moving it ahead slightly, because there is a possibility that fans within the Academy could team up to assure that this receives a win. I’m only moving it ahead slightly though (to third place), since that same group of fans couldn’t get it together enough to garner more than this single nomination.



1 Richard Hymns and Gary Rydstrom for War Horse (Predicted Winner) (previous rank 3)
2. Ethan Van der Ryn and Erik Aadahi for Transformers: Dark Of The Moon (previous rank 2)
3. Lon Bender and Victor Ray Ennis for Drive (previous rank 8)
4. Phillip Stockton and Eugene Gearty for Hugo (previous rank 4)
5. Ren Klyce for The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (previous rank 11)


As always, check the Tracker Pages in the upper right hand corner of this blog for the most updated predictions in all categories!
To see how I am doing in each race, check out my Track Record Page.
See Sound Editing predictions for other years HERE.
If you’re really into sound, check out the Sound Mixing predictions also.
See predictions for other categories at the 84th Oscars HERE.
Switch to another year: 84th,  85th,  86th,  87th,  88th,  89th  

No comments:

Post a Comment