I correctly predicted 3 out of the 5 eventual nominees (60%), with all five showing up in my previous top ten. I think War Horse has the best shot here, being both a best picture nominee and a film about war, giving it the double distinction of being both loud and acclaimed.
1. Gary Rydstrom, Andy Nelson, Tom Johnson and Stuart Wilson for War Horse (Predicted Winner) (previous rank 1)
2. Tom Fleischman and John Midgley for Hugo (previous rank 3)
3. Greg P. Russell, Gary Summers, Jaffrey J. Haboush and Peter J. Devlin for Transformers: Dark Of The Moon (previous rank 4)
4. Deb Adair, Ron Bochar, David Giammarco and Ed Movick for Moneyball (previous rank 8)
5. David Parker, Michael Semanick, Ren Klyce and Bo Persson for The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (previous rank 9)
For another way of looking at the race, check out Hunter’s analysis.
As always, check the Tracker Pages in the upper right hand corner of this blog for the most updated predictions in all categories!
To see how I am doing in each race, check out my Track Record Page.
See Sound Mixing predictions for other years HERE.
If you’re really into sound, check out the Sound Editing predictions also.
See predictions for other categories at the 84th Oscars HERE.
Switch to another year: 84th, 85th, 86th, 87th, 88th, 89th