Home of The Academy Members Project - The largest public list of Oscar voters you'll find on the internet!

Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Academy Members Project X

(About) (Origins) (Branch Statistics) (Progress Updates) ( A ) ( B ) ( C ) ( D ) ( E ) ( F ) ( G ) ( H ) ( I ) ( J ) ( K ) ( L ) ( M ) ( N ) ( O ) ( P ) ( Q ) ( R ) ( S ) ( T ) ( U ) ( V ) ( W ) ( X ) ( Y ) ( Z ) (Non-Members) (Join The Search!)

Updated 11/17/2014

Pictured: The late director Xie Jin was the first Chinese director to be invited to join the Academy. He directed more than 20 films, and won multiple awards from the prestigious Golden Rooster Awards to the Hundred Flowers Awards (the Chinese equivalent of the Golden Globes).

As a reminder, Bold font is for confirmed AMPAS members that we are able to document conclusively. Standard font is for confirmed invitees, most of whom presumably accept. Italic font is for those believed to be members, but whose status has not been verified. Members who have passed away are shown using the same system, but in GOLD, and those whose biography is still being researched are in PINK. Read why we are so cautious HERE.

I will be adding more pictures, as well as credits, awards, and of course new names as the project proceeds. And don’t forget to send me recommendations of Oscar voters I may have missed!


a.  Xie Jin - (Directors Branch) The Opium War, Woman Soccer Player #9, Two Stage Sisters, Hibiscus Town, Wreaths At The Foot Of The Mountain, The Red Detachment Of Women (Wikipedia) (Learn more here)


(About) (Origins) (Branch Statistics) (Progress Updates) ( A ) ( B ) ( C ) ( D ) ( E ) ( F ) ( G ) ( H ) ( I ) ( J ) ( K ) ( L ) ( M ) ( N ) ( O ) ( P ) ( Q ) ( R ) ( S ) ( T ) ( U ) ( V ) ( W ) ( X ) ( Y ) ( Z ) (Non-Members) (Join The Search!)

Know of an Academy member that we have missed? Think we have included someone who shouldn’t be here? The Academy Members Project is a work in progress, and welcomes your input! Additions, suggestions, corrections and verifications may be submitted in the comments section, or by emailing nevertooearlymoviepredictions@gmail.com.
.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hahaha! Thanks Bubbawheat! If I had known that this would turn out to be my best post ever I would have skipped all the research I've been doing and just do one word posts!

      Mostly, though, I just figured that it would be better to have this page ready for when I do end up finding an Academy member whose name begins with X, so that I don't have to redo my whole index at a later point.

      Delete