Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Academy Members Project X

Pictured: The late director Xie Jin was the first Chinese director to be invited to join the Academy. He directed more than 20 films, and won multiple awards from the prestigious Golden Rooster Awards to the Hundred Flowers Awards (the Chinese equivalent of the Golden Globes).

Academy Members X
Updated 4/8/2018

a.  Xenia (aka Xenia Beckwith DeMattia) - (Short Films And Feature Animation Branch, Originally Short Subjects Branch and then Short Films Branch) (Short Subjects Branch Invitees 6/1969 to 12/1972 in Academy’s Gregory Peck Papers, File 260.f-2676) (Undated Membership List in Paul Kohner Agency Records file 175.f-1740) (Undated Membership List in Guggenheim Production Records, File .f-8046 - May have been reclassified as confidential since my viewing on 2/2/2017) (Learn more here and here)

b. Xie Jin - (Directors Branch) The Opium War, Woman Soccer Player #9, Two Stage Sisters, Hibiscus Town, Wreaths At The Foot Of The Mountain, The Red Detachment Of Women (Wikipedia) (Learn more here)


Return to Home/Index Page.
.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hahaha! Thanks Bubbawheat! If I had known that this would turn out to be my best post ever I would have skipped all the research I've been doing and just do one word posts!

      Mostly, though, I just figured that it would be better to have this page ready for when I do end up finding an Academy member whose name begins with X, so that I don't have to redo my whole index at a later point.

      Delete