Saturday, June 23, 2012

Winner Of The LAMMY For Best Festival And Awards Coverage!


I am proud to announce that I have been awarded the LAMMY for Best Festival And Awards Coverage from The Large Association Of Movie Blogs.

I want to thank Front Room Cinema for making the CeLAMBrity Presentation, and everyone who participated in the Lammy’s as nominees, voters, presenters and organizers.

I would also like to give a special congratulations to my runner-up Bonjour Tristesse, who is more than capable of assuming the responsibilities of this office if I am not able to fulfill my duties, and to my fellow nominees at The Matinee, Big Thoughts From A Small Mind, and Cinematic Paradox, who kept this category fun. You have all done excellent work and my hope is that these awards give us all a little bit of extra exposure, and more importantly introduce people to the many films made each year that rely upon festivals and awards circuits to be made, financed, distributed and seen.

A special congratulations as well to Deny Everything and The Film Emporium, who won the LAMMY’s for Best Community Builder/Networking LAMB and Most Prolific. It was an honor to be nominated alongside each of you!

You can find ongoing coverage of all 15 LAMMY categories HERE. And if you are a movie blogger who hasn’t joined The LAMB yet, I recommend that you JOIN TODAY so that you can compete for next year’s awards!
.

18 comments:

  1. Congrats to you NTEMP on your win. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats NTEMP it was a very well deserved win for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I knew you will win this, very well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the LAMMY! I already have you pegged for next year's nominations as well. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eric. I'll definitely count on you for my #Lammy2013 campaign! Hahaha.

      Delete
  5. Congrats on the win my friend. Absolutely deserved. I can only think of one blog that does a comparative job covering the Oscars as you, and that one has several contributors, and also isn't in the LAMB.

    And thanks for the gracious mention. It's strange to be competing in the same category when our blogs have very little overlap, but that's the way it goes. I guess I can take some pride in getting the most votes for the Festival part of the award. That's something I never expected, perhaps next year I will actually mount a campaign...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bonjour!

      You should definitely mount a campaign next year, and in several categories as well!

      Delete
  6. Hi matey, sorry about the video.... I am shocking at those HUH?

    Congratulations on the win though again!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Scott. I liked your video and thought that it honored us nominees and winners very well.

      Delete
  7. I already congratulated you on Twitter. But what's the harm of doing it again? Congrats!! Very deserving :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andina! No harm at all in getting double the love!

      Delete