I correctly predicted 4 out of 5 of the eventual nominees in this category (80%), with Anonymous ranked number 10 in my last set of predictions.
The eventual winner of this category is difficult to predict, but Hugo includes both period costumes and more fantastical elements during the reconstructions of the Melies films, so I’m giving it the edge for now.
1. Sandy Powell for Hugo (Predicted Winner) (previous rank 1)
2. Michael O’Connor for Jane Eyre (previous rank 2)
3. Mark Bridges for The Artist (previous rank 3)
4. Arianna Phillips for W.E. (previous rank 5)
5. Lisy Christi for Anonymous (previous rank 10)
As always, check the Tracker Pages in the upper right hand corner of this blog for the most updated predictions in all categories!
To see how I am doing in each race, check out my Track Record Page.
See Costume Design predictions for other years HERE.
If you’re into costumes, you might also like Art Direction and Makeup.
See predictions for other categories at the 84th Oscars HERE.
Switch to another year: 84th, 85th, 86th, 87th, 88th, 89th