EDITORS NOTE: These predictions were made in April 2011 and reflect what my thinking was at that time. I have updated my predictions since then, but leave these on the blog for a historical record. For the most updated list of predictions, go to the Tracker Pages in the upper right hand corner of this blog.
Brand new updates for the 85th Oscar Original Song race. Here are today’s rankings, with previous ranking shown in parenthesis after each entry.
1. Mervyn Warren for Joyful Noise (Predicted Winner) (previous rank 1)
2. Patrick Doyle for Brave (New)
3. Lenny Kravitz for Selma (New)
4. Rock Of Ages (New)
5. A.R. Rahman for Paani (New)
6. Quartet (previously ranked 8 in the 84th oscar race)
7. Wicked (New)
8. Howard Shore for The Hobbit Part 1 (New)
9. The Suicide Shop (Le Magasin Des Suicides) (New)
10. Low Down (New)
11. Sidney Sharp for Le Grand Jete (New)
12. Alberto Iglesias for Minao (New)
13. A Star Is Born (New)
14. Cleo (New)
15. Nina (New)
16. Janis Joplin: Get It While You Can (New)
17. Down Under (New)
18. Nishat Khan for Four Weddings And A Shaadi (New)
19. Summer Of Dreams (New)
20. City Of Paradise (New)
21. When The Music Is Over (New)
22. Step Up 4 (New)
23. Fraggle Rock (New)
24. Another Brick In The Wall (New)
25. Damn Yankees (New)
As always, check the Tracker Pages in the upper right hand corner of this blog for the most updated predictions in all categories!
See Original Song predictions for other years HERE.
If you love music, you might also want to check out the Original Score predictions.
See predictions for other categories at the 85th Oscars HERE.
Switch to another year: 84th, 85th, 86th, 87th, 88th, 89th