EDITORS NOTE: These predictions were made in April 2011 and reflect what my thinking was at that time. I have updated my predictions since then, but leave these on the blog for a historical record. For the most updated list of predictions, go to the Tracker Pages in the upper right hand corner of this blog.
Lots of new additions and changed rankings to the 85th Supporting Actress Race. Here are todays rankings, with previous rankings shown in parenthesis after each entry.
1. Sally Field in Lincoln (Predicted Winner) (previous ranking 6)
2. Naomi Watts in J. Edgar (if not released in 2011) (previous ranking 2)
3. Zoe Caldwell in Extremely Loud And Incredibly Close (previous ranking 7
4. Halle Berry in Cloud Atlas (previous ranking 5)
5. Rinko Kikuchi in Lost For Words (NEW)
6. Virginia Madsen in The Bell Jar (New)
7. Rachel Weisz in The Danish Girl (New)
8. Kate Winslet in Carnage (Moved from Lead 9)
9. Viola Davis in Extremely Loud And Incredibly Close (previous ranking 3)
10. Julianne Moore in Another Bullshit Night In Suck City (Moved from Lead 11)
11. Judi Dench in J. Edgar (previous ranking 2)
12. Carrie Mulligan in The Great Gatsby (New)
13. Dianne Wiest in Darling Companion (New)
14. Melissa Leo in Dead Circus (New)
15. Willow Smith in Amulet (New)
16. Mia Wasikowska in A View From The Bridge (New)
17. Eva Basteiro-Bertoli in Mina (New)
18. Julia Roberts in Snow White (New)
19. Nicole Kidman in Stoker (New)
20. Esperanza Catubig in A Forgotten Innocence (New)
21. Jamie Chung in Premium Rush (previous ranking 8)
22. Charlize Theron in Snow White And The Huntsman (previous ranking 9)
23. Emma Thompson in Effie (New)
24. Juliette Binoche in Cosmopolis (New)
25. Michelle Pfeiffer in Dark Shadows (New)
26. Bella Thorne in Buttermilk Sky (New)
27. Kate Beckinsale in Contraband (New)
28. Marcia Gay Harden in Back Roads (New)
29. Rachel Weisz in 360 (New)
30. Suhasini Mulay in Against Itself (New)
31. Vera Farmiga in A Thousand Guns (New)
32. Gennifer Garner in Back Roads (New)
33. Juliette Lewis in A Single Shot (New)
34. Juno Temple in A Single Shot (New)
35. Rebecca Pidgeon in Come Back To Sorrento (New)
36. Adelaide Clemens in Generation Um… (New)
37. Bojana Novakovic in Generation Um… (New)
As always, check the Tracker Pages in the upper right hand corner of this blog for the most updated predictions in all categories!
See Supporting Actress predictions for other years HERE.
Or check out the Lead Actor, Lead Actress and Supporting Actor predictions.
See predictions for other categories at the 85th Oscars HERE.
Switch to another year: 84th, 85th, 86th, 87th, 88th, 89th