Tuesday, April 26, 2011

What I Saw: Water For Elephants (84th Oscar Race)

EDITORS NOTE: These predictions were made in April 2011 and reflect what my thinking was at that time.  I have updated my predictions since then, but leave these on the blog for a historical record. For the most updated list of predictions, go to the Tracker Pages in the upper right hand corner of this blog.

What I Saw: Water For Elephants

Oscar Chances:

Having seen the film I think that it’s best chances are in these categories:

Art Direction: Jack Fisk and Jim Erickson (currently ranked 7)
Costume Design: Jacqueline West (currently ranked 12)
Cinematography: Rodrigo Prieto (currently ranked 15)

There are also long shot possibilities in these categories:

Score: James Newton Howard (currently ranked 13)
Adapted Screenplay: Richard La Gravenese (currently ranked 29)
Supporting Actor: Christoph Waltz (currently ranked 25)
Lead Actress: Reese Witherspoon (currently ranked 34)
Best Picture: (currently ranked 39)
Best Director: Frances Lawrence (currently ranked 46)

It is possible that Hal Holbrook (Supporting Actor) will appear in my next update for that category. I currently not predicting Oscar consideration for Robert Pattinson (Lead Actor).

Read more of my reviews HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment