EDITORS NOTE: These predictions were made in April 2011 and reflect what my thinking was at that time. I have updated my predictions since then, but leave these on the blog for a historical record. For the most updated list of predictions, go to the Tracker Pages in the upper right hand corner of this blog.
Lots of new additions and changed rankings in the 84th Oscar Sound Mixing race. Here are today’s rankings, with previous ranking shown in parenthesis after each entry.
1. Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon (Predicted Winner) (previous rank 1)
2. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (previous rank 4)
3. The Adventures Of Tintin: The Secret Of The Unicorn (previous rank 7)
4. Hugo Cabret (previous rank 6)
5. Contagion (previous rank 5)
6. Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol (previous rank 2)
7. Cars 2 (previous rank 8)
8. War Horse (New)
9. Rango (New)
10. Super 8 (New)
11. Cowboys & Aliens (New)
12. Sherlock Holmes 2: A Game Of Shadows (previous rank 9)
13. Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2 (New)
14. X-Men: First Class (previous rank 10
15. Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes (previous rank 11)
16. Thor (previous rank 12)
17. Immortals (previous rank 13)
18. The Tree Of Life (New)
19. Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (New)
20. Apollo 18 (previous rank 14)
21. The Adjustment Bureau (previous rank 16)
22. Source Code (New)
23. Captain America: The First Avenger (New)
24. Happy Feet 2 (New)
25. Battle: Los Angeles (previous rank 15)
26. Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (New)
27. Rampart (New)
28. J. Edgar (New)
29. Moneyball (New)
30. We Bought A Zoo (New)
31. Hanna (New)
32. Rio (New)
33. Green Lantern (New)
As always, check the Tracker Pages in the upper right hand corner of this blog for the most updated predictions in all categories!
See Sound Mixing predictions for other years HERE.
If you’re really into sound, check out the Sound Editing predictions also.
See predictions for other categories at the 84th Oscars HERE.
Switch to another year: 84th, 85th, 86th, 87th, 88th, 89th