EDITORS NOTE: These predictions were made in March 2011 and reflect what my thinking was at that time. I have updated my predictions since then, but leave these on the blog for a historical record. For the most updated list of predictions, go to the Tracker Pages in the upper right hand corner of this blog.
Lots of new additions and changed rankings in the 85th Oscar Adapted Screenplay race. Here are today’s rankings, with previous ranking shown in parenthesis after each entry.
1. Aleta Chappelle for Macbett (The Caribbean Macbeth) (Predicted Winner) (previous rank 1)
2. David Magee for Life Of Pi (previous rank 4)
3. Tony Kushner for Lincoln (New)
4. Eric Roth for Extremely Loud And Incredibly Close (New)
5. Tristine Skyler for The Bell Jar (New)
6. Paul Weitz for Another Bullshit Night In Suck City (previous rank 2)
7. Christopher Nolan, David S. Goyer and Jonathan Nolan for The Dark Knight Rises (New)
8. Heng Liu for The 13 Women Of Nanjing (New)
9. Roman Polanski and Yasmina Reza for Carnage (New)
10. Baz Luhrmann and Craig Pearce for The Great Gatsby (New)
11. Tom Stoppard for Anna Karenina (New)
12. Hossein Amini and Christopher Morgan for 47 Ronin (previous rank 3)
13. Lucinda Coxon for The Danish Girl (New)
14. Angela Workman for The Zookeeper’s Wife (previous rank 5)
15. Cynthia Mort for Nina (New)
16. Andrew Dominik for Cogan’s Trade (New)
17. Matthew Sand for Brothers In Arms (New)
18. Fran Walsh, Philippa Boyens, Guillermo Del Toro and Peter Jackson for The Hobbit Part I (New)
19. Reno Ursal for A Forgotten Innocence (New)
20. Pedro Almodovar for Mina (New)
21. Steve Mayhew for Connemara Days (New)
22. Ronald Harwood for Quartet (New)
23. Topper Lilien and Amy Albany for Low Down (New)
24. Nick Cave for The Wettest County In The World (New)
25. David Cronenberg for Cosmopolis (New)
26. Tom Tykwer, Andy Wachowski and Lana Wachowski for Cloud Atlas (New)
27. Adrian Lyne for Back Roads (New)
28. Dan Curtis and Seth Grahame-Smith for Dark Shadows (New)
29. Alex Kurtzman and Damon Lindelof for Untitled Star Trek Sequel (New)
30 Damn Yankees (New)
As always, check the Tracker Pages in the upper right hand corner of this blog for the most updated predictions in all categories!
See Adapted Screenplay predictions for other years HERE.
Or check out the Original Screenplay predictions.
See predictions for other categories at the 85th Oscars HERE.
Switch to another year: 84th, 85th, 86th, 87th, 88th, 89th