EDITORS NOTE: These predictions were made in April 2011 and reflect what my thinking was at that time. I have updated my predictions since then, but leave these on the blog for a historical record. For the most updated list of predictions, go to the Tracker Pages in the upper right hand corner of this blog.
Lots of new additions and changed rankings in the 84th Oscar Sound Editing race. Here are today’s rankings, with previous ranking shown in parenthesis after each entry.
1. The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn (Predicted Winner) (previous rank 1)
2. Transformers 2: Dark Of The Moon (previous rank 7)
3. Cars 2 (previous rank 2)
4. The Tree Of Life (previous rank 5)
5. Hugo Cabret (previous rank 8)
6. Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol (previous rank 3)
7. Sherlock Holmes 2: A Game Of Shadows (previous rank 4)
8. X-Men: First Class (previous rank 6)
9. Contagion (previous rank 9
10. War Horse (New)
11. Super 8 (New)
12. Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (New)
13. Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes (previous rank 10)
14. Thor (previous rank 12)
15. Immortals (previous rank 13)
16. Cowboys & Aliens (New)
17. Rango (New)
18. Captain America: The First Avenger (New)
19. Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2 (New)
20. Source Code (New)
21. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (New)
22. Apollo 18 (previous rank 14)
23. Happy Feet 2 (New)
24. The Adjustment Bureau (New)
25. Battle: Los Angeles (previous rank 15)
26. We Bought A Zoo (New)
27. Green Lantern (New)
28. J. Edgar (New)
29. Rampart (New)
30. Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (New)
31. Hanna (New)
As always, check the Tracker Pages in the upper right hand corner of this blog for the most updated predictions in all categories!
See Sound Editing predictions for other years HERE.
If you’re really into sound, check out the Sound Mixing predictions also.
See predictions for other categories at the 84th Oscars HERE.
Switch to another year: 84th, 85th, 86th, 87th, 88th, 89th