Tuesday, April 19, 2011

What I Saw: Hanna (84th Oscar Race)

EDITORS NOTE: These predictions were made in April 2011 and reflect what my thinking was at that time.  I have updated my predictions since then, but leave these on the blog for a historical record. For the most updated list of predictions, go to the Tracker Pages in the upper right hand corner of this blog.

What I Saw: Hanna

Oscar Chances: As of today, this film’s best chances are in the original score department, if the Academy goes for this sort of composition:

Score: Tom Rowlands and Ed Simons as The Chemical Brothers (currently ranked 12)

Additionally, there are a few other categories where it might be a long shot:

Best Director: Joe Wright (currently ranked 44)
Lead Actress: Saoirse Ronan (currently ranked 36)
Film Editing: Paul Tothill (currently ranked 27)
Sound Editing (currently ranked 31)
Sound Mixing (currently ranked 31)

I have not ranked Cate Blanchett or Eric Bana for their supporting roles, nor am I currently predicting Hanna to be a factor in the original screenplay race.

As always, check the Tracker Pages in the upper right hand corner of this blog for the most updated predictions in all categories!

Read more of my reviews HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment