EDITORS NOTE: These predictions were made in April 2011 and reflect what my thinking was at that time. I have updated my predictions since then, but leave these on the blog for a historical record. For the most updated list of predictions, go to the Tracker Pages in the upper right hand corner of this blog.
Lots of new additions and changed rankings in the 85th Oscar Original Screenplay race. Here are today’s rankings, with previous ranking shown in parenthesis after each entry.
1. Dustin Lance Black for J. Edgar (if not released in 2011) (Predicted Winner) (previous rank 1)
2. Jonathan Jakubowicz for Hands of Stone (previous rank 2)
3. Paul Webb for Selma (previous rank 3)
4. Kar Wai Wong, Xu Haofeng and Jingzhi Zou for The Grandmasters (New)
5. Robby Benson, Tom Ellis and Shawn Powell for Keeper Of The Pinstripes (New)
6. Jeremy Walters for Dali (New)
7. Mark Boal for Triple Frontier (New)
8. Richard Nelson for Hyde Park On Hudson (New)
9. Rian Jordan for Looper (New)
10. Vanessa Taylor for Great Hope Springs (previous rank 4)
11. Andy Wachowski and Lana Wachowski for Cobalt Neural 9 (New)
12. Brenda Chapman and Irene Mecchi for Brave (New)
13. John Jopson for The Absinthe Drinkers (New)
14. Edmond Wong for The Monkey King (New)
15. Rob Reiner and Guy Thomas for The Third Act (New)
16. Damon Lindelof and John Spaihts for Prometheus (New)
17. Jesse Baget and Stefania Moscato for Mississippi Wild (New)
18. Hiro Mauda for Ashita Manana (New)
19. Lawrence Kasdan and Meg Kasdan for Darling Companion (New)
20. Ash Baron-Cohen for The Blind Bastard Club (New)
As always, check the Tracker Pages in the upper right hand corner of this blog for the most updated predictions in all categories!
See Original Screenplay predictions for other years HERE.
Or check out the Adapted Screenplay predictions.
See predictions for other categories at the 85th Oscars HERE.
Switch to another year: 84th, 85th, 86th, 87th, 88th, 89th