EDITORS NOTE: These predictions were made in April 2011 and reflect what my thinking was at that time. I have updated my predictions since then, but leave these on the blog for a historical record. For the most updated list of predictions, go to the Tracker Pages in the upper right hand corner of this blog.
New additions and changed rankings in the 84th Art Direction race. Here are today’s rankings, with previous ranking shown in parenthesis after each entry.
1. Jack Fisk and Jeanette Scott for The Tree Of Life (Predicted Winner) (previous rank 1)
2. Stuart Craig And Stephanie McMillan for Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part II (previous rank 2)
3. Dante Feretti, Dorothee Baussan and Francesca Lo Schiavo for Hugo Cabret (previous rank 3)
4. James McAteer and Gernot Thondel for A Dangerous Method (previous rank 5)
5. Rick Carter and Lee Sandales for War Horse (previous rank 9)
6. James J. Murakami and Gary Fettis for J. Edgar (previous rank 7)
7. Jack Fisk and Jim Erickson for Water For Elephants (previous rank 6)
8. Sharon Seymour and Maggie Martin for The Ides Of March (previous rank 4)
9. Sarah Greenwood, Alison Harvey and Katie Spencer for Sherlock Holmes 2: A Game Of Shadows (previous rank 11)
10. Wil Hughes-Jones and Tina Jones for Jane Eyre (previous rank 10)
11. Scott Chambliss and Karen Manthey for Cowboys & Aliens (previous rank 8)
12. John Myhre and Gordon Sim for Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (New)
13. Tom Foden for Immortals (previous rank 12)
14. Carlos Conti for Francine Danis for On The Road (previous rank 13)
15. Susie Cullen and Jenny Oman for Albert Nobbs (previous rank 14)
16. Rick Heinrichs and John Bush for Captain America: The First Avenger (New)
17. Martin Whist and Fainche MacCarthy for Super 8 (New)
18. Bo Welch and Lauri Gaffin for Thor (New)
19. Simon Elliott and Annie Gilhooly for The Iron Lady (previous rank 15)
20. Kevin Thompson and Susan Bode Tyson for The Adjustment Bureau (previous rank 16)
21. Clay A. Griffith and Wayne Shepherd for We Bought A Zoo (New)
22. Mark Ricker and Rena DeAngelo for The Help (New)
23. Howard Cummings and Cindy Carr for Contagion (New)
24. Donald Graham Burt and K.C. Fox for The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (New)
25. Jake Anne Stewart and Matt Callahan for The Descendants (New)
26. Kalina Ivanov and Melissa Levander for The Conspirator (New)
27. Martin Childs for W.E. (New)
28. Maria Djurkovic for Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (New)
29. Helen Scott and Alice Norris for Wuthering Heights (New)
30. Ricky Eyres and Lee Gordon for Coriolanus (New)
As always, check the Tracker Pages in the upper right hand corner of this blog for the most updated predictions in all categories!
See Art Direction predictions for other years HERE.
If you’re into art, you might also like Costume Design and Makeup.
See predictions for other categories at the 84th Oscars HERE.
Switch to another year: 84th, 85th, 86th, 87th, 88th, 89th