EDITORS NOTE: These predictions were made in April 2011 and reflect what my thinking was at that time. I have updated my predictions since then, but leave these on the blog for a historical record. For the most updated list of predictions, go to the Tracker Pages in the upper right hand corner of this blog.
Lots of new additions and changed rankings in the 84th Oscar Film editing race. Where possible, I also added the names of the film editors instead of simply listing the films. Here are today’s rankings, with previous ranking shown in parenthesis after each entry.
1. Hank Corwin, Jay Rabinowitz, Daniel Rezende, Billy Weber and Mark Yoshikawa for The Tree Of Life (Predicted Winner) (previous rank 1)
2. Thelma Schoonamker Hugo Cabret (previous rank 2)
3. Michael Kahn for War Horse (previous rank 5)
4. Kirk Baxter and Angus Wall for The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (previous rank 4)
5. Mark Day for Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2 (previous rank 6)
6. Stephen Mirrione for Contagion (previous rank 3)
7. The Ides Of March (previous rank 8)
8. Christopher Tellefsen for Moneyball (previous rank 7)
9. Jose Salcedo for The Skin That I Inhabit (previous rank 9)
10. Dino Jonsater for Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (previous rank 12)
11. Francois Gedigier for On The Road (previous rank 10)
12. Ronald Sanders for A Dangerous Method (previous rank 13)
13. Maryann Brandon and Mary Jo Markey for Super 8 (New)
14. Jay Rabinowitz for The Adjustment Bureau (previous rank 11)
15. Joel Cox and Gary Roach for J. Edgar (New)
16. Jay Rabinowitz for Rampart (New)
17. Joe Hutshing and Mark Livolsi for We Bought A Zoo (New)
18. The Iron Lady (previous rank 14)
19. Michael Kahn for The Adventures Of Tintin: The Secret Of The Unicorn (New)
20. Kevin Trent for The Descendants (New)
21. Mako Kamitsuna for Pariah (previous rank 15)
22. Paul Hirsch for Source Code (New)
23. Lee Smith and Eddie Hamilton for X-Men: First Class (New)
24. Roberta Dalva, Jeffrey Ford and Michael McCusker for Captain America: The First Avenger (New)
25. Danny Tull for W.E. (New)
26. Dana Glauberman for Young Adult (New)
27. Paul Tothill for Hanna (New)
28. William Hoy for Sucker Punch (New)
29. Molly M. Stensgaard and Horten Hojbjerg for Melancholia (New)
30. Albert Nobbs (New)
As always, check the Tracker Pages in the upper right hand corner of this blog for the most updated predictions in all categories!
See Film Editing predictions for other years HERE.
If you’re into film editing, you might also like Cinematography and Visual Effects.
See predictions for other categories at the 84th Oscars HERE.
Switch to another year: 84th, 85th, 86th, 87th, 88th, 89th