EDITORS NOTE: These predictions were made in April 2011 and reflect what my thinking was at that time. I have updated my predictions since then, but leave these on the blog for a historical record. For the most updated list of predictions, go to the Tracker Pages in the upper right hand corner of this blog.
Updated rankings in the 84th Oscar Costume Design race. Here are today’s rankings, with previous ranking shown in parenthesis after each entry.
1. Michael O’Connor for Jane Eyre (previous rank 1)
2. Sandy Powell for Hugo Cabret (previous rank 5)
3. Denise Cronenberg for A Dangerous Method (previous rank 4)
4. Jill Taylor for My Week With Marilyn (previous rank 3)
5. Joanna Jonston for War Horse (previous rank 6)
6. Pierre-Yves Gayraud for Albert Nobbs (previous rank 2)
7. Elko Ishioka and Simonetta Mariano for Immortals (previous rank 7)
8. Jacqueline Durran for Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (previous rank 8)
9. Sharen Davis for The Help (previous rank 9)
10. Victoria Farrell for Meek’s Cutoff (previous rank 10)
11. Consolata Boyle for The Lady (previous rank 11)
12. Jacqueline West for Water For Elephants (New)
13. Georgina Gunner for Wuthering Heights (previous rank 12)
14. Rosie Grant for Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (previous rank 13)
15. Sammy Sheldon for X-Men: First Class (previous rank 15)
16. Marisa Toyas and Oona Van Jaarsveld for Winnie (previous rank 14)
17. Deborah Hopper for J. Edgar (New)
18. Kasia Walicka-Maimone for The Adjustment Bureau (previous rank 16)
19. Jeffrey Kurland and Anna B. Sheppard for Captain America: The First Avenger (New)
20. Jenny Beavan for Sherlock Holmes 2: A Game Of Shadows (New)
21. Arianna Phillips for W.E. (New)
22. Consolata Boyle for The Iron Lady (New)
23. Louise Frogley for The Conspirator (New)
24. Danny Glicker for On The Road (New)
25. Jacqueline West for The Tree Of Life (New)
26. Colleen Atwood for The Rum Diary (New)
27. Mary Zophres for Cowboys & Aliens (New)
28. Pierre-Yves Gayraud for The Three Musketeers (New)
29. Alexandra Byrne for Thor (New)
30. Jany Temime for Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2 (New)
31. Bojana Nikitovic for Coriolanus (New)
As always, check the Tracker Pages in the upper right hand corner of this blog for the most updated predictions in all categories!
See Costume Design predictions for other years HERE.
If you’re into costumes, you might also like Art Direction and Makeup.
See predictions for other categories at the 84th Oscars HERE.
Switch to another year: 84th, 85th, 86th, 87th, 88th, 89th