Here are today’s updated rankings for the 85th Oscar Animated Feature race, with previous ranking shown in parenthesis after each entry.
1. Hiromasa Yonebayashi for Arrietty (Kari-gurashi no Arietti) (The Borrowers) (Predicted Winner) (previous rank 1)
2. Mark Andrews for Brave (previous rank 3)
3. Ken Daurio, Cinco Paul and Chris Renaud for The Lorax (previous rank 2)
4. Peter Ransay and William Joyce for Rise Of The Guardians (previous rank 4)
5. Eric Darnell for Madagascar 3 (previous rank 5)
6. Anthony Bell for Norm Of The North (previouos rank 6)
7. Tim Burton for Frankenweenie (previous rank 10)
8. Reboot Ralph (previous rank 11)
9. Chris Williams for King Of The Elves (previous rank 8)
10. Ash Brannon for Turkeys (previous rank 9)
11. The Wild Bunch (New)
12. Robert Zemeckis for An Animated American (New)
13. Steve Martino and Mike Thurmeier for Ice Age: Continental Drift (previous rank 7)
14. Peter Lord and Jeff Newitt for The Pirates! Band Of Misfits (New)
15. Patrice Leconte for The Suicide Shop (Le Magasin Des Suicides) (New)
16. Robert Zemeckis for Who Framed Roger Rabbit 2 (New)
17. Kory Juul for White Tiger Legend (New)
18. Shannon McGee for Santa’s Helper (New)
19. Dan St. Pierre for Dorothy Of Oz (New)
20. Astrid Silverlock And The Staff Of Virtues (New)
21. Rob Minkoff for High In The Clouds (New)
22. Juan Jose Campanella for Metegol (New)
23. Punk Farm (New)
24. The Minotaur’s Lament (New)
25. Left Tern (New)
26. Anne Fletcher for Enchanted 2 (New)
27. Zach Keller and Ed Skudder for The Inventors (New)
28. Ute von Munchow-Pohl and Sandor Jesse for The Little Raven (Der Keline Rabe Socke) (New)
29. Q. (New)
30. The Night Tourist (New)
31. Peter Lepeniotis for The Nut Job (New)
32. Brent Dawes for An African Tale (New)
33. Neil Burns for Cheddar Island (New)
34. Thundercats (New)
35. Roger Christian for The Adventures Of Tintin: Prisoners Of The Sun (Likely Ineligible due to Motion Capture) (New)
As always, check the Tracker Pages in the upper right hand corner of this blog for the most updated predictions in all categories!
See Animated Feature predictions for other years HERE.
If you’re really into animation, check out the Animated Shorts also.
See predictions for other categories at the 85th Oscars HERE.
Switch to another year: 84th, 85th, 86th, 87th, 88th, 89th