Wednesday, May 25, 2011

What I Saw: Jumping The Broom (84th Oscar Race)

EDITORS NOTE: These predictions were made in May 2011 and reflect what my thinking was at that time.  I have updated my predictions since then, but leave these on the blog for a historical record. For the most updated list of predictions, go to the Tracker Pages in the upper right hand corner of this blog.

What I Saw: Jumping The Broom



Oscar Chances: My last predictions in the lead actess category were made on April 7, and showed Angela Bassett ranked 32. Both Loretta Devine and Valarie Pettiford may receive some consideration in my next update to the long lists for lead and supporting actress. But as is the case with most perfectly enjoyable summer romantic comedies (and this one is enjoyable), I’m thinking that the best bet for recognition comes from the Golden Globes instead of the Oscars. I also think that we’ll see some Image Award nominations.

As always, check the Tracker Pages in the upper right hand corner of this blog for the most updated predictions in all categories!

Read more of my reviews HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment