Wednesday, May 4, 2011

What I Saw: The Conspirator (84th Oscar Race)

EDITORS NOTE: These predictions were made in May 2011 and reflect what my thinking was at that time.  I have updated my predictions since then, but leave these on the blog for a historical record. For the most updated list of predictions, go to the Tracker Pages in the upper right hand corner of this blog.

What I Saw: The Conspirator

Oscar Chances:

Best Picture (currently ranked 33)
Lead Actress: Robing Wright (currently ranked 38) (She might have a better chance if they campaign her as supporting, but that’s a tough sell for a title character.)
Lead Actor: James McAvoy (currently ranked 35)
Original Screenplay: James Solomon (currently ranked 29)
Art Direction: Kalina Ivanov and Melissa Levander (currently ranked 26)
Costume Design: Louise Frogley (currently ranked 23)

Overall, I enjoyed this historical narrative, but anticipate that the film will be forgotten by the time Oscar rolls around.

Read more of my reviews HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment