Tuesday, May 31, 2011

What I Saw: Midnight In Paris (84th Oscar Race)

EDITORS NOTE: These predictions were made in May 2011 and reflect what my thinking was at that time.  I have updated my predictions since then, but leave these on the blog for a historical record. For the most updated list of predictions, go to the Tracker Pages in the upper right hand corner of this blog.

What I Saw: Midnight In Paris

Oscar Chances:

Original Screenplay: Woody Allen (currently ranked 6. Could easily slip in with a nomination)
Supporting Actress: Marion Cotillard (currently ranked 10)
Best Picture (currently ranked 11)
Best Director: Woody Allen (currently ranked 26)
Lead Actress: Rachel McAdams (currently ranked 33)
Costume Design: Sonia Grande (currently ranked 39)

There are several categories and performances in this film that are currently unranked, but which will get varying levels of consideration in my next round of predictions. While some may make an appearance in the long list, I do not currently see them making the top 20 rankings.

Lead Actor: Owen Wilson
Supporting Actress: Kathy Bates
Supporting Actress: Alison Pill
Supporting Actor: Corey Stoll
Supporting Actor: Tom Hiddleston
Supporting Actor: Adrien Brody
Supporting Actor: Michael Sheen
Art Direction: Anne Seibel and Helene Dubreuil
Cinematography: Darius Khondji and Johanne Debas
Film Editing: Alisa Lepselter


As always, check the Tracker Pages in the upper right hand corner of this blog for the most updated predictions in all categories!

Read more of my reviews HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment