EDITORS NOTE: These predictions were made in May 2011 and reflect what my thinking was at that time. I have updated my predictions since then, but leave these on the blog for a historical record. For the most updated list of predictions, go to the Tracker Pages in the upper right hand corner of this blog.
Here are today’s rankings for the 84th Oscar Visual Effects race, with previous ranking shown in parenthesis after each entry.
1. Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2 (Predicted Winner) (previous rank 1)
2. The Tree Of Life (previous rank 4)
3. Super 8 (previous rank 8)
4. Contagion (previous rank 2)
5. Hugo Cabret (previous rank 3)
6. X-Men: First Class (previous rank 5)
7. Cowboys & Aliens (previous rank 7)
8. The Adventures Of Tintin: Secret Of The Unicorn (New)
9. Transformers 3: Dark Of The Moon (New)
10. Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (New)
11. Captain America: The First Avenger (New)
12. Thor (New)
13. Caesar: Rise Of The Apes (New)
14. The Green Lantern (New)
15. Immortals (New)
16. Battle: Los Angeles (previous rank 6)
17. I Am Number Four (previous rank 9)
18. Source Code (previous rank 10)
19. Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol (previous rank 11)
20. War Horse (New)
21. Sherlock Holmes: A Game Of Shadows (New)
22. The Adjustment Bureau (previous rank 12)
23. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (New)
24. The Raven (New)
25. Sucker Punch (New)
As always, check the Tracker Pages in the upper right hand corner of this blog for the most updated predictions in all categories!
See Visual Effects predictions for other years HERE.
If you’re into visual effects, you might also like Cinematography and Film Editing.
See predictions for other categories at the 84th Oscars HERE.
Switch to another year: 84th, 85th, 86th, 87th, 88th, 89th