Friday, May 27, 2011

A long weekend means it’s time for an Open Thread!

I most likely won’t be able to post any new predictions this weekend, so hopefully the four new sets that I posted today can hold you over. I will, however, have the ability to check comments, so this seemed like a perfect time to have an open thread.

Feel free to introduce yourself. Tell me what you like (or don’t like) about this blog. Which predictions do you think I’m getting right or wrong? Which movies haven’t I noticed that I should?

One thing that I have been particularly thrilled about is that people are actually looking at the “Genre Category” page, where I make predictions for animated films, documentaries, foreign language and shorts. I’ve always been somewhat surprised that other Oscar prediction sites often leave these categories off of their lists, and I’m glad to see that there are other people like me who are interested in these categories!

Which makes me think that some of my readers may have great suggestions for these categories based on the films you have seen. For the folks outside the United States: What films are currently showing or hotly anticipated in your nation or region that might be contestants for Best Foreign Language film? I know that there were several from Cannes that will be appearing on my next set of predictions, but maybe there are others out there that you’ve heard of.

Or maybe you love documentaries, or attended Hot Docs in Toronto?

Or maybe you’ve heard about a new short film in the making that the media hasn’t begun covering yet?

I’d love to hear about any and all of these!

No comments:

Post a Comment