Update: For my final predictions, I changed my mind and decided to go back to The Fantastic Flying Books Of Mr. Morris Lessmore!
I correctly predicted 3 out of 5 of these nominees (60%). Although I have been predicting The Fantastic Flying Books to win since July, I think it is time that I get realistic and put Pixar’s La Luna in first place, even though I think it is cheating that a short which will play in front of next year’s Brave doesn’t have to wait until next year to qualify.
1. Enrico Casarosa for La Luna (Predicted Winner) (previously ranked 2) Trailer. IMDB page.
2. William Joyce and Brandon Oldenburg for The Fantastic Flying Books Of Mr. Morris Lessmore (previous rank 1). Trailer. FULL MOVIE!!. Official site. IMDB page.
3. Amanda Forbis and Wendy Tilby for Wild Life (previous rank 3) Trailers and Official site. IMDB page.
4. Patrick Doyon for Dimanche (Sunday) (previous rank 7) Trailer and Official Site. IMDB page.
5. Grant Orchard and Sue Goffe for A Morning Stroll (previous rank 8) Trailer. Official site. IMDB page.
As always, check the Tracker Pages in the upper right hand corner of this blog for the most updated predictions in all categories!
To see how I am doing in each race, check out my Track Record Page.
See Animated Short predictions for other years HERE.
If you’re into animation, you might also like the Animated Features.
If you’re really into shorts, check out the Documentary Shorts and Live Action Shorts.
See predictions for other categories at the 84th Oscars HERE.
Switch to another year: 84th, 85th, 86th, 87th, 88th, 89th