Monday, January 30, 2012

A Look Back: Song, Score, Sound Editing and Sound Mixing

In the audio categories, I correctly predicted 3 out of 5 eventual nominees (60%) for original score, sound mixing and sound editing, with sound editing being one of the few categories where my predicted winner didn’t even make the nominee list. In original song, I predicted 0 of the 2 nominees (0%). It’s possible that I would have scored better if this were a full category of 5 nominees, but it is also possible that I completely misunderstand what the song writers are looking for when they vote. Overall, I have decided that I need to listen to movies much more carefully than I have been.

The dip that you see in the red line in November represents the point at which I went from merely listing Rio and The Muppets by their movie title, to actually parsing out the individual songs that would make it. Clearly, I chose the wrong ones, as both “Life’s A Happy Song” and “Pictures In My Head” were in my top five, but neither made the Academy’s list.

What I predicted correctly, and when I came close.


As always, check the Tracker Pages in the upper right hand corner of this blog for the most updated predictions in all categories!
For even more information on how I am doing in each race, and eventually an analysis of each individual race, be sure to check out my Track Record Page.
See my predictions for Original Song, Original Score, Sound Editing and Sound Mixing.
See predictions for other categories at the 84th Oscars HERE.
Switch to another year: 84th,  85th,  86th,  87th,  88th,  89th  

No comments:

Post a Comment