Monday, January 30, 2012

A Look Back: Cinematography, Film Editing and Visual Effects

In the final analysis, I correctly predicted all 5 of the Cinematography nominees (100%), 4 of the 5 Visual Effects nominees (80%), and 3 out of 5 Film Editing nominees (60%). My “Close Scores”  were fairly high early on in these categories, thanks to the presence of several famous cinematographers and the summer release dates and popular advertising associated with most of the visual effects contenders. For film editing, I must try to remember how closely this tracks with the best picture contenders (like The Descendants and Moneyball), even at the expense of films which draw attention to their editing (like Drive or Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy).

What I predicted correctly, and when I came close.


As always, check the Tracker Pages in the upper right hand corner of this blog for the most updated predictions in all categories!
For even more information on how I am doing in each race, and eventually an analysis of each individual race, be sure to check out my Track Record Page.
See my predictions for Cinematography, Film Editing and Visual Effects.
See predictions for other categories at the 84th Oscars HERE.
Switch to another year: 84th,  85th,  86th,  87th,  88th,  89th  

No comments:

Post a Comment