Monday, January 30, 2012

A Look Back: Art Direction, Costume Design and Makeup

In the final analysis, I correctly predicted 4 out of the 5 nominees for Art Direction and Costume Design (80%), and 2 out of 3 nominees for Makeup (66%). Somehow I had forgotten that Woody Allen films often do well with the art directors (I had it ranked 20), while the other categories had my missed nominee at rank 10 and 6. Thanks to early set photos and the propensity that these categories have for period pieces, my “Close Score” was also pretty high even very early in the year. Interestingly, I was actually predicting a makeup nomination for Albert Nobbs from March through November, but mistakenly backed down when reviews of the film began to surface, reminding us that these branches really do examine the quality of the craft itself, rather than the film as a whole.


What I predicted correctly, and when I came close.


As always, check the Tracker Pages in the upper right hand corner of this blog for the most updated predictions in all categories!
For even more information on how I am doing in each race, and eventually an analysis of each individual race, be sure to check out my Track Record Page.
See my predictions for Art Direction, Costume Design and Makeup.
See predictions for other categories at the 84th Oscars HERE.
Switch to another year: 84th,  85th,  86th,  87th,  88th,  89th  

No comments:

Post a Comment