Monday, July 4, 2011

What I Saw: Scary Cow’s 14th Indie Film Festival (84th and 85th Oscar Race)

EDITORS NOTE: These predictions were made in July 2011 and reflect what my thinking was at that time.  I have updated my predictions since then, but leave these on the blog for a historical record. For the most updated list of predictions, go to the Tracker Pages in the upper right hand corner of this blog.

What I Saw: Scary Cow’s 14th Indie Film Festival



I saw a collection of 7 Live Action Shorts:
Greenberg Securities
Video Jock
Eating Out
Macaroni And Lutes
Mac vs. PC
Smoke
Viewer Discretion Advised (Tape 96)



Oscar Chances:



I mostly attended to support local independent filmmakers, not to make Oscar predictions. But given the various rules about qualifying film festivals it is always possible that one of these could find its way into contention next year for the 85th Oscar race. Since I haven’t heard much information about other shorts that will be coming out next year, it is possible that I will add these to that list until more information becomes available, simply because they are on my radar.

For what it’s worth, we did get to fill out ballots just like real Academy voters. I thought I would share the fun by showing you what my ballot looked like:

Best Film: Viewer Discretion Advised (Tape 96)
Second Place: Macaroni & Lutes
Third Place: Mac vs. PC
Director: Drew Stephens for Viewer Discretion Advised (Tape 96)
Acting: Cesar Cadabes and Melvign Badiola in Viewer Discretion Advised (Tape 96)
Writing: Greenberg Securities
Cinematography: Smoke
Score: Macaroni And Lutes
Editing: Smoke
Sound: Viewer Discretion Advised (Tape 96)
Visual Effects: Smoke
Lighting: Macaroni And Lutes


As always, check the Tracker Pages in the upper right hand corner of this blog for the most updated predictions in all categories!

Read more of my reviews HERE.
Interested in Shorts? Find more of them at Animated Shorts, Documentary Shorts, or Live Action Shorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment