EDITORS NOTE: These predictions were made in March 2011 and reflect what my thinking was at that time. I have updated my predictions since then, but leave these on the blog for a historical record. For the most updated list of predictions, go to the Tracker Pages in the upper right hand corner of this blog.
84th Oscar Best Animated Feature
1. The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn (Winner)
2. RPG Metanoia
3. Mars Needs Moms
5. Winnie The Pooh
5. Happy Feet 2
6. Kung Fu Panda 2: The Kaboom of Doom
7. Cars 2
10. Gnomeo and Juliet
11. Tales of the Night
84th Oscar Best Documentary Feature
1. How To Die In Oregon (Winner)
2. The Black Power Mixtape 1967-1975
3. Life In A Day
4. Being Elmo: A Puppeteer’s Journey
5. If A Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front
6. Making The Boys
7. The Interrupters
8. Page One: A Year Inside The New York Times
10. Living In A Material World: George Harrison
11. Resurrect Dead: The Mystery of the Toynbee Tiles
13. Soul Food Junkies
14. Project Nim
15. The Ballad of Genesis and Lady Jaye
84th Oscar Best Foreign Language Film
1. The Skin That I Inhabit (Winner)
2. I Saw The Devil
4. The Housemaid
5. RPG Metanoia
6. Happy Happy
7. Reign Of Assassins
9. Legend of the Fist: The Return of Chen Zhen
11. Nader and Simin, A Separation
12. Tales of the Night
13. The Turin House
14. The Imperialists Are Still Alive
84th Oscar Best Animated Short
1. Hawaiian Vacation
84th Oscar Best Documentary Short
84th Oscar Best Live Action Short
2. Maya Deren’s Sink
See Animated Feature predictions for other years HERE.
See Documentary Feature predictions for other years HERE.
See Foreign Language predictions for other years HERE.
See Animated Short predictions for other years HERE.
See Documentary Short predictions for other years HERE.
See Live Action Short predictions for other years HERE.
See predictions for other categories at the 84th Oscars HERE.
Switch to another year: 84th, 85th, 86th, 87th, 88th, 89th