Thursday, February 2, 2012

A Look Back: Shorts!

Many of the professional Oscar sites don’t even bother looking at the shorts categories until after the nominees have been announced, but I rather enjoy speculating on these races. One reason is that I know that my predictions, whether right or wrong, really are my own, and haven’t been influenced by too many other voices. A second reason is that I truly believe that with enough experience and attention, there should be a way to predict these races just as there is with every other category.

This year I correctly predicted 3 out of 5 (60%) in the animated and documentary short races, and 2 out of 5 (40%) in the live action shorts race, with my previously predicted winner in the live action race not even making the cut.

My general strategy for the future remains the same: Watch for entries to film festivals, with the added intention of giving special focus to the films that win the Student Academy Awards, as two of those made it into the live action race.

What I predicted correctly, and when I came close.


As always, check the Tracker Pages in the upper right hand corner of this blog for the most updated predictions in all categories!
For even more information on how I am doing in each race, and eventually an analysis of each individual race, be sure to check out my Track Record Page.
See my predictions Animated Shorts, Documentary Shorts and Live Action Shorts.
See predictions for other categories at the 84th Oscars HERE.
Switch to another year: 84th,  85th,  86th,  87th,  88th,  89th  

No comments:

Post a Comment