Looking at my predictions for this category, it seems odd to have have all former nominees here. No, not just nominees, but all former WINNERS. Could Henry, McConaughey, McGregor or Redmayne sneak in? Can Harvey Weinstein pull of a miracle for one of the Django men? We’ll know in a little over 24 hours!
1. Tommy Lee Jones for Lincoln (Predicted Winner)
2. Phillip Seymour Hoffman for The Master
3. Alan Arkin for Argo
4. Robert De Niro for Silver Linings Playbook
5. Javier Bardem for Skyfall
6. Leonardo DiCaprio for Django Unchained
7. Christoph Waltz for Django Unchained
8. Dwight Henry for Beasts Of The Southern Wild
9. Matthew McConaughey for Magic Mike
10. Ewan McGregor for The Impossible
11. Eddie Redmayne for Les Miserables
12. Ezra Miller for The Perks Of Being A Wallflower
13. Michael Pena for End Of Watch
14. John Goodman for Argo
15. Samuel L. Jackson for Django Unchained
16. Russell Crowe for Les Miserables
17. Jason Clarke for Zero Dark Thirty
18. Jude Law for Anna Karenina
19. William H. Macy for The Sessions
20. Bruce Willis for Moonrise Kingdom
21. David Oyelowo for Middle Of Nowhere
22. Michael Fassbender for Prometheus
23. John Goodman for Flight
24. Bryan Cranston for Argo
25. Sam Rockwell for Seven Psychopaths
As always, check the Tracker Pages in the upper right hand corner of this blog for the most updated predictions in all categories!
See Supporting Actor predictions for other years HERE.
Or check out the Lead Actor, Lead Actress and Supporting Actress predictions.
See predictions for other categories at the 85th Oscars HERE.
Switch to another year: 85th, 86th, 87th, 88th, 89th