It’s always dangerous to predict a split between the best picture and best director winners, but I’m going to do it anyway. If the torture politics continue, it’s possible that the Academy will reward her for the technical skill of bringing Zero Dark Thirty together, while granting the best picture award to Ben Affleck’s Argo for all the joy it brought us.
1. Kathryn Bigelow for Zero Dark Thirty (Predicted Winner)
2. Steven Spielberg for Lincoln
3. Ben Affleck for Argo
4. Ang Lee for Life Of Pi
5. Tom Hooper for Les Miserables
6. Michael Haneke for Amour
7. Quentin Tarantino for Django Unchained
8. David O. Russell for Silver Linings Playbook
9. Paul Thomas Anderson for The Master
10. Benh Zeitlin for Beasts Of The Southern Wild
11. Wes Anderson for Moonrise Kingdom
12. Joe Wright for Anna Karenina
13. Robert Zemeckis for Flight
14. Christopher Nolan for The Dark Knight Rises
15. Tom Tykwer, Lana Wachowski and Andy Wachowski for Cloud Atlas
16. Juan Antonio Bayona for The Impossible
17. Peter Jackson for The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
18. Ben Lewin for The Sessions
19. Sam Mendes for Skyfall
20. Kim Ki-Duk for Pieta
As always, check the Tracker Pages in the upper right hand corner of this blog for the most updated predictions in all categories!
See Best Director predictions for other years HERE.
See predictions for other categories at the 85th Oscars HERE.
Switch to another year: 85th, 86th, 87th, 88th, 89th
Read My Recent Reviews. Or Read Archived Reviews. Connect With Me On: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Email, The LAMB
See My Oscar Predictions By Year: 84th, 85th, 86th, 87th, 88th, 89th Or Search By Category Using The Tracker Pages.