The name that I most want to hear on Oscar morning is Quvenzhane Wallis for Beasts Of The Southern Wild. Unfortunately, I just don’t see that happening at this point in the race. Too many groups chickened out and gave her the debut or breakthrough award, without also recognizing her in the main category.
1. Jessica Chastain in Zero Dark Thirty (Predicted Winner)
2. Jennifer Lawrence in Silver Linings Playbook
3. Naomi Watts in The Impossible
4. Marion Cotillard in Rust And Bone
5. Emmanuelle Riva in Amour
6. Helen Mirren in Hitchcock
7. Quvenzhane Wallis in Beasts Of The Southern Wild
8. Rachel Weisz in The Deep Blue Sea
9. Maggie Smith in Quartet
10. Judi Dench in Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
11. Keira Knightley in Anna Karanina
12. Emayatzy E. Corinealdi in Middle Of Nowhere
13. Mary Elizabeth Winstead in Smashed
14. Laura Linney in Hyde Park On Hudson
15. Meryl Streep in Hope Springs
16. Michelle Williams in Take This Waltz
17. Halle Berry in Cloud Atlas
18. Viola Davis in Won’t Back Down
19. Emily Blunt in Salmon Fishing In The Yemen
20. Jennifer Lawrence in The Hunger Games
21. Andrea Riseborough in Shadow Dancer
22. Leslie Mann in This Is Forty
23. Kara Hayward in Moonrise Kingdom
24. Elle Fanning in Ginger And Rosa
25. Diane Kruger in Farewell My Queen
As always, check the Tracker Pages in the upper right hand corner of this blog for the most updated predictions in all categories!
See Lead Actress predictions for other years HERE.
Or check out the Lead Actor, Supporting Actor and Supporting Actress predictions.
See predictions for other categories at the 85th Oscars HERE.
Switch to another year: 85th, 86th, 87th, 88th, 89th
Read My Recent Reviews. Or Read Archived Reviews. Connect With Me On: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Email, The LAMB
See My Oscar Predictions By Year: 84th, 85th, 86th, 87th, 88th, 89th Or Search By Category Using The Tracker Pages.