Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The Academy Members Project Progress Update 4 July 2012

I completed another update to the Academy Members project this evening, including all of this year’s new invitees and several others that have been discovered through books and internet searches. I am happy to report that we can now boast that we have identified 2,840 Academy members -- 42.78% of the 6,638 possible total (including associate and retired members).

A special thank you to all who have been helping with this project, particularly Bret Zirafah and A Recollector, who have been essential in sending in names and fact checking details.

My next round of work will continue the search by looking through biographies, examining nominees from several of the technical branches, and analyzing the invitation lists that have been made public over the last nine years for any patterns. And, of course, adding any members that my loyal readers send my way!


(About) (Origins) (Branch Statistics) (Progress Updates) ( A ) ( B ) ( C ) ( D ) ( E ) ( F ) ( G ) ( H ) ( I ) ( J ) ( K ) ( L ) ( M ) ( N ) ( O ) ( P ) ( Q ) ( R ) ( S ) ( T ) ( U ) ( V ) ( W ) ( X ) ( Y ) ( Z ) (Non-Members)

Know of an Academy member that we have missed? Think we have included someone who shouldn’t be here? The Academy Members Project is a work in progress, and welcomes your input! Additions, suggestions, corrections and verifications may be submitted in the comments section, or by emailing nevertooearlymoviepredictions@gmail.com.
.

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Pete. I do think they'll be harder to find, since the easy pickings have already been discovered. Still, I'm hopeful!

      Delete
  2. This is a long shot but I've heard it being thrown around that Swedish Actress Maud Adams is or has been in the Academy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shep! I'm putting her on my list of people to research. I know that Roger Moore is a confirmed member, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if he sponsored her to join as well!

      Delete
  3. Another interesting article as ever, and a wonderfully original blog :) Glad to be a member of this site! Would love it if you checked out my blog and perhaps followed back?



    http://amateurreviews25.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I added you today and look forward to reading more of your work.

      Delete
  4. Man, I think you do a lot of stuff here, but you seem to abandon the actual Oscar predictions. The Best Picture category isn't updated in 7 months!

    Check my July Updates:
    http://www.kino-mania.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1687:oscars-2012-predictions-july-2012&catid=68:the-academy-of-motion-picture-oscars&Itemid=65

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lime-Vortep! I have found that as I add more features I sometimes lose some of the other ones. The Academy Members project, in particular is something that I have found really fascinating to do the research on, and admittedly I probably should have spread it out more so that I didn't lose track of the other stuff as much. The good news is that a list like that doesn't change quite as much once it's up, so hopefully it can be a resource for a long time to come. I do hope to get some new predictions for this year up over the next few weeks.

      And I'll definitely be checking yours out to make sure I don't miss anything!

      Delete
  5. This Academy Members project has been fascinating. Looking forward to the next round of work!

    Also, I awarded you a blog award, go pick it up:
    http://jowskireviews.geekjuicemedia.com/2012/07/i-won-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alex! I'm honored to get the award. Now I just have to find some time to answer all those questions!

      Delete
  6. You are so active in the movie blogging world, I apologize if you have already received a Liebster. I follow your blog and "nominated" it for a Liebster award on my blog. Best I can tell, it is like a chain letter for movie bloggers. http://katieatthemoviespdx.blogspot.com/2012/09/liebster-blog-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! I haven't been able to respond to all of these, but appreciate the shout out!

      Delete
  7. I've sadly been neglecting this the past six months, but with Oscar season upon us again I've renewed my interest and determination. Glad to see we managed to get past 50% last month. :)

    -Brett (Zirafah)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brett! I'm hoping that the awards season might get us up near 55% -- or maybe even 60% if we're lucky!

      Delete