Wednesday, August 1, 2012

We Have A New President!

The Academy has a new president: Producer Hawk Koch.

Modern audiences will be familiar with his producing credits, which range from Source Code to Wayne’s World to Collateral Damage, while fans of classical films will be interested to learn that he served as a dialogue coach for Rosemary’s Baby. In between, he’s worked on projects such as Chinatown, The Way We Were and Heaven Can Wait.

In other news, The Academy Members Project has now crossed the 3,000 threshold and has identified 3,030 Academy members -- 45.65% of the 6,638 possible total (including associate and retired members).


(About) (Origins) (Branch Statistics) (Progress Updates) ( A ) ( B ) ( C ) ( D ) ( E ) ( F ) ( G ) ( H ) ( I ) ( J ) ( K ) ( L ) ( M ) ( N ) ( O ) ( P ) ( Q ) ( R ) ( S ) ( T ) ( U ) ( V ) ( W ) ( X ) ( Y ) ( Z ) (Non-Members)

Know of an Academy member that we have missed? Think we have included someone who shouldn’t be here? The Academy Members Project is a work in progress, and welcomes your input! Additions, suggestions, corrections and verifications may be submitted in the comments section, or by emailing nevertooearlymoviepredictions@gmail.com.
.

15 comments:

  1. Nice to see a new post, you've been a bit quiet lately. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bonjour. I've been a little slow in the research department lately, but I'm trying to catch up so that I can do a new round of predictions soon.

      Delete
  2. I hope all is well to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing too bad. Just falling behind in the time department.

      Delete
  3. I totally get it, I've been crazy busy the last few months myself. I'm still posting frequently, but it's mostly reposts from my old blog. In acknowledgement of all the work you put in to the predictions (it looks like they're updated VERY frequently), I'm giving you one of the spots on my Liebster Award. The post is here if you want to participate: http://greatmovieproject.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alan. I think I've been nominated three times over the last few weeks, so now I just have to figure out all those questions to answer!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the info, David. I've never heard of him but I like 'Source Code' a lot. Btw, I look forward to your Liebster post! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth. I haven't gotten around to the Liebsters yet, but they seem to be piling up.

      Delete
  5. I also am giving you a Liebster Award.

    Go here to Accept.

    http://www.videovangaurd.com/2012/08/the-vern-accepts-another-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vern! I've been a little afraid to answer the first 11 things about myself, since I'm a pretty private person, but I like the way you handled it focusing more on movie stuff!

      Delete
  6. Ooh. Hoping that his presidency might bring a mix of the populist stuff while still bringing in some quality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's possible, but I'm not holding my breath for the more populist stuff. I think that the Academy likes to give the award based on difficulty, and they think that popular stuff is rewarded enough at the box office. (But there are always exceptions!)

      Delete
  7. Dang, you reply to those 14-15 days later. I thought you died.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm trying to get back on track. Sorry that I've been so slow lately.

      Delete
  8. Hawk Koch sounds like a villain from a Bond knockoff. Though since he gave himself that name, it's sort of cheating. As he's a second generation president I don't see him doing much reforming, but you never know.

    ReplyDelete