Sunday, March 13, 2011

What I Saw: Even The Rain (Tambien La Lluvia) (83rd and 84th Oscar Race.)

EDITORS NOTE: These predictions were made in March 2011 and reflect what my thinking was at that time.  I have updated my predictions since then, but leave these on the blog for a historical record. For the most updated list of predictions, go to the Tracker Pages in the upper right hand corner of this blog.

What I Saw: Even The Rain (Tambien La Lluvia)

Oscar Chances: Tambien La Lluvia was Spain’s foreign language entry for the 83rd Oscars. Because it was not chosen as one of the 5 final nominees, it is technically eligible to pick up nominations and awards in the 84th Oscar race. Long shot nominees include:

Lead Actor: Luis Tosar
Supporting Actor: Gael Garcia Bernal
Supporting Actor: Juan Carlos Aduviri

I’ve added these three worthy actors to the appropriate tracker pages on the right, fully acknowledging that past year foreign language contenders rarely, if ever, make it all the way to the Kodak.

Read more of my reviews HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment