The Visual Effects Branch has already narrowed their short list down to the top ten, so this should be an easy one, right? It is important to remember, however, that this is one of the branches that holds a “bake off” -- meaning that they are not only judging what us mere mortals can see on the screen, but also awarding the behind-the-scenes techniques that go into it.
Interstellar still looks like the assumed winner here, largely because it is the only serious best picture contender. However, if it misses the best picture nomination as I predicted on Thursday, then either Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes or The Hobbit finale have a fighting chance of seeing an award for their franchises.
- Interstellar (Predicted Winner)
- Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes
- The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies
- Guardians Of The Galaxy
- Transformers: Age Of Extinction
- X-Men: Days Of Future Past
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- Night At The Museum: Secret Of The Tomb
As always, check the Tracker Pages in the upper right hand corner of this blog for the most updated predictions in all categories!